ECHO TR2 4wt Trout Spey Outfit
Rod: Starting with the ECHO TR2 4wt Trout Spey. With incredible lifting power and a crisp stop at an exceptional price, there's a very good reason Tim Rajeff put his name on this rod.
Reel (Dealers Choice) Orvis Battenkill Disc IV or Echo Ion 7/9:
- Option 1: Orvis Battenkill Disc IV 7/9wt. In order to balance the SR 3wt we had to go with the Disc version instead of the Click-Pawl so the rod felt just right in hand at 5.9 ounces. Built out of aircraft 6061 T-6 aluminum, Battenkill reels will last a lifetime and taking a beating.
- Option 2: Echo Ion 7/9wt. It would be hard to argue that there is a better reel on the market today at the price point of the Echo Ion. Built from a durable alloy the Ion carries a 12 month warranty and is a more affordable option that will last years to come.
Running Line: Having fished every running line under the sun we have found OPST Lazar line to be the best shooting line out there.
Head: Airflo Skagit Scout 360 grain head.
Tips: Yes 3 tips!
- MOW T-8 10' Float for skating dries and soft hackles
- iMOW T-8 10' 7.5 float/ 2.5 sink for swinging an emergers or working a boulder garden
- iMOW T-8 10' 2.5' float / 7.5' sink creating a smooth natural transition of your fly line to search the depths or swing streamers.
|ECHO SR 4wt 10'6" Trout Spey Rod|
Reel Option 1
Orvis Battenkill Disc IV 7/9wt Reel
Reel Option 2
Echo Ion 7/9
|Backing||30lb Rio Dacron Backing|
|OPST Lazar 30lb Running Line|
OPST Commando Head 270 grain
3 Rio Mow/iMOW Tips!