ECHO SR 3wt Complete Trout Spey Setup Outfit
What's included: ECHO SR 3wt 10'6", Orvis Battenkill Disc IV 7/9wt reel, OPST Lazar 30lb running line, OPST Commando Head 250 grain, 3 Rio i/MOW tips
Through our own research and input from renowned professional guides we have put together a trout spey outfit that will truly perform on the water.
Rod: Starting with the ECHO SR Switch 3wt at 10'6", the SR is characterized by a smooth yet powerful action.
Reel (Dealers Choice) Orvis Battenkill Disc IV or Echo Ion 6/7:
- Option 1: Orvis Battenkill Disc IV 7/9wt. In order to balance the SR 3wt we had to go with the Disc version instead of the Click-Pawl so the rod felt just right in hand at 5.9 ounces. Built out of aircraft 6061 T-6 aluminum, Battenkill reels will last a lifetime and taking a beating.
- Option 2: Echo Ion 6/7wt. It would be hard to argue that there is a better reel on the market today at the price point of the Echo Ion. Built from a durable alloy the Ion carries a 12 month warranty and is a more affordable option that will last years to come.
Running Line: Having fished every running line under the sun we have found OPST Lazar line to be the best shooting line out there.
Head: What can we say, OPST has become the industry leader in trout spey lines for good reason. Fewer grains are necessary than other skagit head on the market due to the heads profile thus adding a little grace and better presentation.
Tips: Yes 3 tips!
- MOW T-8 10' Float for skating dries and soft hackles
- iMOW T-8 10' 7.5 float/ 2.5 sink for swinging an emergers or working a boulder garden
- iMOW T-8 10' 2.5' float / 7.5' sink creating a smooth natural transition of your fly line to search the depths
|ECHO SR 3wt 10'6" Trout Spey Rod|
|Orvis Battenkill Disc IV 7/9wt Reel|
|Backing||30lb Rio Dacron Backing|
|OPST Lazar 30lb Running Line|
OPST Commando Head 250 grain
3 Rio Mow/iMOW Tips!