Echo Swing 6wt 11'6"Switch Rod OutfitIf you're looking for one rod which crosses over between trout and steelhead the Echo Swing 6wt is just the ticket. Ready to hit the Grande Ronde for steelhead, or the Yellowstone or Bitterroot for trout the swing delivers incredible value the buck. With an amazing taper we love the swing has plenty of back bone to launch weighted flies but delicate enough to skate a dry.
A few tips...
Choosing the right head to go with your rod is one of the most difficult decisions when it comes to setting up your new rod. We offer three heads which you can't go wrong with, but here is some food for thought.
Skagit vs. Scandi...
Skagit (wet flies/sink tips) heads offer the ability to fish larger heavier flies which require sink tips. It is possible to fish small dry flies or soft hackles on a skagit head, just a little less finesse.
Step 1: Reel
Orvis Battenkill IV 7/9wt Disc or Echo Bravo 7/9wt
Step 2: Head - Skagit, Scandi, or Both!
- Airflo Skagit Scout - 360 grain head
- OPST Commando 325 grain head
- SA Scandi Lite Head 300 gr,
- Or Both: Scientific Angler Scandi Lite Head 300 grain, and Airflo Skagit Scout Head 360 grain
- Both: Scientific Angler Scandi Lite Head 300 grain and OPST Commando Head 325 grain
Step 3: Tip(s)
Six Tip Options
- None (I'm going Scandi)
- Rio 3D MOW 10 ' INT/S3/S4 (80 gr)
- OPST Riffle S2 12' (96 gr)
- 4 Tip Kit – OPST Float 10’ | (12’ Riffle/Run/Bucket)
- 4 Tip Kit – OPST Float 10’ 50 gr | 3D MOW 80 gr: (INT/S3/S4 • S3/S4/S5 • S5/S6/S7)
All outfits come with 30lb dacron backing, and all shooting head packages (non-integrated heads) come with 40lb OPST Lazar running line. If you prefer a 35lb please shoot us an email prior to ordering.