ECHO TR2 4wt Trout Spey Outfit
Rod: Starting with the ECHO TR2 4wt Trout Spey. With incredible lifting power and a crisp stop at an exceptional price, there's a very good reason Tim Rajeff put his name on this rod.
Reel (Dealers Choice) Orvis Battenkill Disc IV or Echo Ion 7/9:
- Option 1: Orvis Battenkill Disc IV 7/9wt. In order to balance the SR 3wt we had to go with the Disc version instead of the Click-Pawl so the rod felt just right in hand at 5.9 ounces. Built out of aircraft 6061 T-6 aluminum, Battenkill reels will last a lifetime and taking a beating.
- Option 2: Echo Ion 7/9wt. It would be hard to argue that there is a better reel on the market today at the price point of the Echo Ion. Built from a durable alloy the Ion carries a 12 month warranty and is a more affordable option that will last years to come.
Running Line: Having fished every running line under the sun we have found OPST Lazar line to be the best shooting line out there.
Head: OPST 300 grain Commando
Tips: Yes 4 tips and a tip wallet!
- OPST Float 10' Tapered Float for skating dries and soft hackles
- 3D MOW T-8 10' Int / S3 / S4 for swinging an emergers or working a boulder garden
- 3D MOW T-8 10' S3 / S4 / S5 sink creating a smooth natural transition of your fly line to search the depths or swing streamers.
- 3D MOW T-8 10' S5 / S6 / S7 for dredging the depths and putting the fly right in their face.
|ECHO SR 4wt 10'6" Trout Spey Rod|
Reel Option 1
Orvis Battenkill Disc IV 7/9wt Reel
Reel Option 2
Echo Ion 7/9
|Backing||30lb Rio Dacron Backing|
|OPST Lazar 35lb Running Line|
OPST Commando Head 360 grain
3 x T-8 Rio 3D MOW Tips!
1 x OPST Float