ECHO SR 3wt Trout Spey Outfit - Skagit, SA Scandi, or Both
ECHO SR 3wt Trout Spey Package, Skagit, Scandi, or Both
We've put together the perfect package which requires a little decision making on your part to offer the best possible trout spey outfit to fit your casting style and tactics.
A few tips...
Choosing the right head to go with your rod is one of the most difficult decisions when it comes to setting up your new rod. We offer three heads which you can't go wrong with, but here is some food for thought.
Skagit vs. Scandi...
Skagit (wet flies/sink tips) heads offer the ability to fish larger heavier flies which require sink tips. It is possible to fish small dry flies or soft hackles on a skagit head, just a little less finesse.
Scandi (dry flies and small soft hackles) heads offer a more delicate presentation and are used for skating dry flies and soft hackles just beneath the surface.
Step 1: Reel
Orvis Battenkill IV 7/9wt Disc (5.9oz) or Echo Ion 6/7wt (5.5oz)
Step 2: Head - Skagit, Scandi, or Both!
- OPST Commando Head or / Commando Integrated - 225 (experienced caster or off the tip)
- OPST Commando Head or / Commando Integrated - 250 new caster or prefer deep load),
- SA Scandi Lite Head/Smooth Integrated 210 gr,
- Or Both: Scientific Angler Scandi Lite and OPST 225 or 250 gr Head
Step 3: Tip(s)
Six Tip Options
- None (I'm going Scandi)
- Rio 3D MOW 10 ' INT/S3/S4 (80 gr)
- 4 Tip Kit – OPST Float 10’ 50 gr | 3D MOW 80 gr: (INT/S3/S4 • S3/S4/S5 • S5/S6/S7)
All outfits come with 30lb dacron backing, and all shooting head packages (non-integrated heads) come with 35lb OPST Lazar running line. If you prefer a 30 or 40lb please shoot us an email prior to ordering.