ECHO OHS 7wt or 4wt Trout Spey
Spey Package, Skagit, Scandi, or Both
A few tips...
Choosing the right head to go with your rod is one of the most difficult decisions when it comes to setting up your new rod. We offer three heads which you can't go wrong with, but here is some food for thought.
Skagit vs. Scandi...
Skagit (wet flies/sink tips) heads offer the ability to fish larger heavier flies which require sink tips. It is possible to fish small dry flies or soft hackles on a skagit head, just a little less finesse.
Step 1: Choose Reel
Orvis Battenkill IV 7/9wt Disc, Echo Bravo 7/9wt, or Echo Ion 7/9wt
Step 2: Choose Head
Skagit, Scandi, or Both!
- OPST Commando Head/Smooth Integrated 250 gr.,
- SA Scandi Lite Head/Smooth Integrated 240 gr,
- Two Heads Scandi/Skagit: Scientific Angler Scandi Lite 240 gr. and OPST 250 gr.
Step 3: Tip(s)
Six Tip Options
- None (I'm going Scandi)
- Rio 3D MOW 10 ' FLOAT/SINK (80 gr)
- 4 Tip Kit – OPST Float 10’ 50 gr | 3D MOW 80 gr: (INT/S3/S4 • S3/S4/S5 • S5/S6/S7)
All outfits come with 30lb dacron backing, and all shooting head packages (non-integrated heads) come with 35lb OPST Lazar running line. If you prefer a 30 or 40lb please shoot us an email prior to ordering.