Orvis Clearwater 5wt 9'0" Complete Fly Rod Outfit
We've added a few options which allow you to customize the Clearwater 5wt to your own specifications.
Choose Your Reel
- Orvis Battenkill III Click Pawl reel for some added fun and lightweight feel.
- Or, the reliable and affordable Orvis Clearwater II with a larger arbor for brining the fight.
Choose Your Line
- The Scientific Angler GPX was a game changer for anglers everywhere and has been revamped as the new Scientific Anglers MPX. The 5wt features a 36 ft. head at 150 gr. a half weight heavier than AFFTA standards making for one of the best all around fly lines ever produced.
- The new kid on the block and award winner is the Scientific Anglers Infinity. With a 49 ft. head length, the Infinity excels at presentation but maintains the 150 gr. half weight heavy status offering both power and presentation.
Orvis Clearwater 5wt 9'0" Rod
The Clearwater 5-Weight 9' Fly Rod is a standard for western rivers and bigger eastern water. Not only does it have the length to reach out and control drifts and the power to reach far banks, but the line weight to handle big trout and light bass. Firing a big streamer up and across a big river and reaching out to mend the line and control the drift is right in this rod's wheelhouse. Throwing big attractors with droppers, or big hoppers in the early fall is the perfect task for this rod. If big water and big flies are called for, then the Clearwater 905-4 is the weapon of choice at a price that will keep a lot of travel money in your pocket.
The new Clearwater® Rod Series is not just a cosmetic facelift, but a complete overhaul from the ground up by our Vermont rod designers. Everything has changed except the value. It's still the best fly rod you can buy for the money, but with a significant upgrade in performance and looks in a comprehensive series that covers every angler from small stream addicts to Skagit slinging two-handers. Each rod was designed with a purpose-built profile and action to handle the kind of fishing the rod model would be traditionally used for, from medium-action small stream rods to medium-fast freshwater rods and fast-action big game rods.
- 9' 5-weight
- Blanks are black chrome with white accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a ceramic insert
- Full black nickel aluminum reel seats
- Rods with fighting butts have composite tips for durability
- Two-handed rods have composite on the tip of the foregrip
- Comes with gray rod tube
- 25-Year Guarantee
- Designed in Vermont